Kämpken steam injectors are used in the industry for more than 40 years. They are applied in a wide range of processes and are considered standard by many customers.
We offer solutions which, depending on the size, enable a steam throughput of 10 kg/h to 10 t/h and more.
Kämpken steam injectors for pipe installation can be installed with a wide variety of flanges. For increased energy input, we offer multi-stage designs.
A wide variety of models are available for vessel installation. Installation takes place below the liquid level and enables low-noise steam injection with complete condensation.
Sterile versions with clamp connections, aseptic flanges or milk pipe fittings are used when particularly high hygienic requirements are made, such as in the food industry.
Hot water stations are used to provide a very high temperature rise of the medium in a single pass. Up to 10 Kämpken steam injectors are connected in series for this purpose.
Additive eductors are used, for example, to introduce PVC additives into reactors and condensers. This can prevent polymer deposits during PVC production.
We additionally offer customer-specific special designs with special arrangements, construction methods and materials. In this way, we ensure that the product is optimally tailored to your processes.
Kämpken steam injectors have a very versatile range of applications. They are often used, for example, to heat water or other liquid media in a process. They are installed directly in the pipeline or in the tank. Heating processes can take place in a single pass or in a cycle. By using temperature controllers, the desired temperature can be set very precisely by throttling the steam valve. These and other typical applications are listed below.
- Heating and tempering of liquid media with steam
- Heating of heating-cooling circuits
- Mixing of two media (gaseous or liquid)
- Injection of gases
- Hot steam recooling, steam conversion
- Heating of suspensions (e.g. paper pulp heating)
- Ventilation of bioreactors (e.g. yeast ventilation in the brewing process)
- Injection of CO2
- Feeding of diphyl steam for energy input
- PE- PP- PVC- LLDPE-fabrication
- Stripping of suspensions & emulsions (PVC, latex)
- Cooling of extruders
- Feeding of additives
Steam injectors (also called steam jet heaters or steam sparger) are used to inject steam into fluids to achieve intensive mixing and heat transfer.
- Acceleration of the medium to be heated by a Venturi nozzle
- Steam is introduced tangentially to the injector housing and exits through an annular gap
- The medium to be heated is thus enclosed by the steam in the form of a shell
- In the subsequent conical part, intensive mixing takes place with complete condensation of the steam
- There is a complete transfer of the thermal energy of the steam to the medium
- Low-noise steam injection
- Adjustability of the steam quantity from 0 – 100%
- Maximum heat transfer
- Therefore fast and very efficient heating in continuous operation
- Minimal pressure losses < 0.1 bar
- Compact design
- Installation in any position
- Agitator effect when used inside vessels
- Long service life > 10 years, maintenance-free
- Our injectors are made of austenitic stainless steel
- Standard materials (according to AISI): 316Ti and 321
- Materials such as 316L, Duplex, Hastelloy, Monel or PTFE compound, as well as special coatings are also possible upon customer request.